Friday, January 8, 2010

Hair like an accident scene

What are my children doing with their heads all night long? I give them baths in the evening because it's too cold for damp heads in the morning, but they wake up looking like they slept with stocking caps on. This is a special kind of messed-up, one that a little water and a comb won't fix. In that paranoid way of mine, I am sure the teachers at school think I am not attending to their personal hygiene. It's gotten so cold here that I don't want to wash my own hair at any time of the day. I think with the wind chill factor it is - 15. Weather this cold makes people competitive with their hardiness. People who used to live in the Wisconsin are wearing flip flops and exclaiming, "This isn't cold! When I lived in Milwaukee it used to be -50 degrees all winter long." I'm thinking, define "lived." As I complain about the cold while sitting in my heated house, Nathan's father and step-mother are driving through the snow and ice on their way from Ohio to Wichita. I feel kind of bad that we are living somewhere just as frigid as their homestate. Back when we lived in warm, sunny Georgia, it was like we had something to offer. Now all we've got is ... oh, that's right, grandkids!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's what my hair looks like when I wake up. ;)